The Quarterfinals are new and exclusive proving grounds for the fittest athletes in the world, and only the top 10% of individual athletes and top 25% of teams from each continent qualify for an online competition that will challenge them with their toughest tests to date.
Scores will be submitted in a similar fashion to the Open, but there will be multiple competition windows over the course of the weekend during which athletes will need to submit their scores, each by a certain deadline. For example, the first two workouts will need to be submitted by Friday, April 9, at 12 p.m. PT. Athletes and teams must complete the events (known as “tests”) as written and submit their scores on time. Any athletes hoping to advance to Semifinals must include a video of their performance with their score submissions. All other athletes have two options when submitting their scores:
- They may perform the events with a registered judge at a licensed CrossFit affiliate in good standing.
- If they are unaffiliated, they will submit videos of the workouts online for judging and validation. Using a registered judge is required. All videos submitted for review must adhere to the video submission guidelines provided.
Any athlete wishing to compete in the Quarterfinals must accept their invitation and register for Quarterfinals before the close of the first event - Friday, April 9, at 12 p.m. (noon) PT.
Multiple Score Submission Deadlines
All events will be released on Thursday. Following the event release, there will be three score submission deadlines:
Friday, April 9, at 12 p.m. (noon) PT - First two results due
Saturday, April 10, at 12 p.m. (noon) PT - Next two results due
Sunday, April 11, at 12 p.m. (noon) PT - Final results due
Scores will not be made public by CrossFit until after the close of each submission deadline, so athletes are encouraged to submit their results early.
- The leaderboard will reset at the start of Quarterfinals.
- All scores must be submitted on games.crossfit.com before the submission deadlines.
- All athletes are required to use a judge.
- To advance in the CrossFit Games season, athletes must submit a video of each of their performances at the time of score submission.
- Athletes not wishing to advance to the Semifinals are not required to submit video, but must perform the workout in your gym, with a judge.
- Athletes are encouraged to practice uploading videos to YouTube, Vimeo, or another public video hosting platform if they are unfamiliar with the process.
- If having difficulty submitting scores or uploading videos, send a detailed email outlining the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org before the score submission deadline.
Team registration opens on Monday, April 12. All qualifying teams and age-group qualifiers will be notified when the window opens and provided with additional information at that time.
Teams intending to compete in the Quarterfinals must declare an official roster composed of two men and two women, with an option to add one man and one woman as alternates. Please note: Once the competition begins, the roster will be final.