How does my team qualify for Regionals?
Step 1: Compete in the Open.
The 2018 Reebok CrossFit Games Open starts February 22 and concludes March 26. To be in the running for Regionals, you and your teammates will need to sign up for the Open, register your team, join the team roster, and compete in the five Open workouts over the five weeks.
Your team's score on the week's workout is equal to the sum of your top two women and top two men's scores.
Step 2: Finish well in your Region.
Athletes who accept the invitation to compete as individuals at their regional will have their contributing Open scores removed from their team’s score. The Team Leaderboard will then be re-sorted and, beginning on April 24, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, the top teams in each Open region will be invited to compete at their respective regional. Teams will be invited to their regional in the following manner:
- 20 teams from the North East region
- 10 teams from the Canada East region
- 15 teams from the Mid-Atlantic region
- 15 teams from the South East region
- 15 teams from the Central East region
- 15 teams from the North Central region
- 15 teams from the South West region
- 15 teams from the South Central region
- 25 teams from the West Coast region
- 5 teams from the Canada West region
- 10 teams from the Central America region
- 20 teams from the South America region
- 15 teams from the Europe North region
- 15 teams from the Europe Central region
- 15 teams from the Europe South region
- 15 teams from the Middle East Africa region
- 7 teams from the Asia region
- 23 teams from the Australasia region
Section 2.06, page 14 2018 CrossFit Games Rulebook
The qualification number is also shown on the leaderboard with a blue line.
If you make it above the blue line at the conclusion of the Open, your team will receive an invite to Regionals.
If you're just below the blue line at the conclusion of the Open, hang tight. The leaderboard will change as athletes choose whether they want to compete individually or with their team. When a team athlete chooses to compete individually, their score contributions are removed from their team's scores and the leaderbI knoard adjusts accordingly.
Step 3: Respond to Games Support
CrossFit Games support will email Regional team qualifiers. The Team Captain will need to respond to their emails in a timely fashion.