How do I register for the Open?
Step 1: Go to Games.CrossFit.com
To begin registration, click the REGISTER button in the center of the homepage.
Registration for the Open starts January 12, 2017, and continues through the entirety of the Open (which ends March 27). To be a valid competitor, however, you will want to register and submit your score on Open Workout 17.1 before 5:00 p.m. PT on Monday, February 27.
Step 2: Login / Create an Account
Please login with your existing CrossFit ID (an email address and password that you've used for other CrossFit events such as the Open, Judges Course, or seminar registration). It's important to use the same email address and password so that your record isn't fragmented between multiple CrossFit accounts.
New participants click CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
Step 3: Enter/Edit Your Information
- ABOUT ME. Double check to make sure your name, email address, birthdate, Competition age, Sex, and Competition Division are accurate.
- WHERE DO YOU WORKOUT? Enter the name of your CrossFit affiliate or select that you do not workout at an affiliate. This will also determine your region placement. If you do not workout at an affiliate you will need to select a country and state/province (if applicable). We ask you where you workout so that we can determine your competition region. Don't over-think it, unless you (1) have an unusual circumstance or (2) recently moved or (3) split your time between many places because you're away for college, serving in the military, or traveling frequently for work. If you have any questions about what region you should compete in, read "Open Registration - Region Selection" in the Rulebook (section 1.05-06). If you're still unsure contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AGREE TO DEADLINES. Workout scores are due by Monday at 5 p.m. PT. Late scores won't be accepted for any reason, so get your scores in early.
- AGREE TO TERMS. You may be required to sign this document. If you have any troubles, please contact email@example.com. Minors must have their parent or guardian sign for them.
- EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS. Make sure the box is checked if you would like to receive email updates, news, and events from CrossFit.
Step 4: Complete the DocuSign waiver.
Step 5: Pay
Registration costs US$20 for athletes from the U.S., Canada, Australia, and Europe, and US10 for athletes from the rest of the world. Taxes apply.
Enter your credit or debit card information, and billing address. CrossFit does not accept PayPal or other similar forms of payment at this time.
Those who purchased Reebok Nano 7.0s and received a promotion code can enter that code now, and get free registration.
Step 6: Fill in Your Athlete Profile
Filling in your athlete profile is more important now than ever before. The new leaderboard displays your profile picture, height, and weight. By providing a headshot, and your basic stats, your peers on the leaderboard can see who you are.
Please take the time to add:
- Profile photo (head shot)
- Cover photo (landscape orientation action shot)
- Bio (introduce yourself in 25 - 50 words.)
- Benchmark stats (pull out your workout journal, or online recording site and get those stats up to date)
- Social media URLs (connect your account to your Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat)
- Join your CrossFit affiliate
- Join a team